Hair transplant or replacement is a cosmetic procedure wherein the treatment is provided for hair loss, thinning hair, or bald spots where hair no longer grows. The procedure is appreciated to enhance your appearance and your self-confidence through hair replacement techniques that use your existing hair.
Types of grafts
Some of the grafts provided and their shape and size include
- Punch grafts – a cluster of about 10 to 15 hairs
- Mini-grafts – a smaller cluster of two to four hairs
- Micro-grafts – consists of just one or two hairs
- Round or square grafts – a traditional graft that contain up to 20 hairs
- Slit grafts – contains up to 10 hairs
- Strip grafts – contains up to 40 hairs.
Different hair transplant procedure available includes
- Punch harvesting
- Strip harvesting
- flap surgery
- punch grafting
- Laser assisted grafting