Memberships & Present Positions
• Editorial Board: Aesthetic Surgery Journal USA ISAPS News Letter
• Board Member ( Trustee): International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
• Member: ISAPS Education Council
• Member: ISAPS Patient Safety Committee
• Ethicon-APSI Visiting Professor in Cosmetic Surgery
• Past National Secretary International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
• Past President Indian Association Of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Past President Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Dr Lokesh Kumar is a post graduate in Surgery and Plastic Surgery from India’s premier Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh. He further received his Plastic surgery Training from various reputed hospitals in UK. On his return to India in 1993 he initially worked at Holy Family Hospital and later joined Apollo Hospital where he established the department of Plastic surgery.
Dr Lokesh Kumar has served as office bearer of various organizations in India and abroad. He is past President of Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and Past treasurer of Association of Plastic surgeon’s of India. He is member of the Board of International society of Aesthetic Plastic surgery as Trustee as well as a chairman Patient safety committee.
He is on editorial board of reputed Aesthetic Surgery Journal USA which is the official journal of American society of Aesthetic Plastic surgery. He is also on editorial board of ISAPS News. He was Ethicon Professor in Cosmetic surgery for the year 2011-12.
Recently Dr Kumar has taken a responsibility of creating Centre of Excellence of Plastic Surgery at Dr B L Kapur Memorial Hospital New Delhi. BLK is excellent modern super specialty Hospital located in the heart of the city. This is one of the fastest growing healthcare institutions in the country. He is at present Director and HOD of Department of Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery at this hospital. He heads division of Aesthetic Surgery.